You must have heard about the Ashwangandha from your elders, Most of them named it a magical herb due to its extraordinary health benefits.
In this article, I will discuss What is the Best Ashwagandha in India, why you should consider taking Ashwagandha, the Best ways to consume it, and how it can improve your health physically and mentally.
Ashwagandha in Sanskrit is broken into Ashwa “Horse” and Gandha “Smell”. It is a magical plant that has been used for centuries.
Before I list my researched and reviewed picks of the Best Ashwagandha Powder and Tablets available in India, let’s go through a brief about it and I am sure you will love this most comprehensive yet concise guide which will give you complete details about this magical herb.
Which are the best Ashwagandha Powder, Capsule Supplement In India?
|Go Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder|
|IndiHerb Herbal Ashwagandha Powder|
|Organic India – Ashwagandha Supplement Capsules|
|Jarrow Formulas – Ashwagandha Capsules|
|Gaia Herbs – Ashwagandha Root Capsules|
|Nature’s Velvet – KSM 66 Ashwagandha Capsules|
|Nature’s Way – Ashwagandha Supplement Caps|
|Carmel Organics – Ashwagandha Powder|
|Baidyanath Ashwagandha Churna|
|YOGAFY- Himalayan Organic Ashwagandha Herbal Powder|
What is Ashwagandha Powder?
Ashwagandha root powder is the unground, dried roots of the ashwagandha plant. Ashwagandha has been used in Ayurveda and ancient Indian medicine for centuries and has many medicinal properties.
This medicinal herb is also known as ginseng or winter cherry.
Ashwagandha is termed as an adaptogen for medical treatments for stress, tiredness, strain, diabetes, pain, and skin diseases. It’s an important herb that is safe to be used in tea and food. Want to consult any therapist to resist physical, and mental stress, then it’s not needed.
With fast-paced life and work pressure, To get rid of or to manage your stress, ashwagandha will help you in this case.
What is KSM 66 Ashwagandha?
KSM-66 Ashwagandha is an ashwagandha strain that is patented and used in Ayurvedic medicine for a variety of purposes, all related to its calming and relaxing properties. It was discovered in India by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and manufactured by Krishna (KSM) Organics Pvt Ltd. Along with that nowadays it is being manufactured by multiple companies and Patanjali is among one of them, It is produced by Patanjali Ayurved also.
What does KSM 66 Ashwagandha do?
KSM-66 has been studied for its benefits in improving cognitive function, mood, stress levels, and athletic performance. This herb has also been used traditionally to improve sleep quality.
What is the most effective way to take ashwagandha?
Although due to its complete naturality and minimal to no side effects, there are numerous ways through which people do consume it.
It can be consumed both in the morning or at night. But, the best and most important way is to take ashwagandha just after you have your meal as it helps in the digestion process and reduces the chance of any side effects.
Another way of taking ashwagandha is by mixing the powder with your milk. Similarly, it can be taken with the water if you are a vegan, just replace the milk with water, nothing else.
Women can take ashwagandha tablets twice a day for their well-being as it's the hassle-free and easiest way to consume.
The way through which you consume opens its particular magical strength as with Milk, Honey, Water it gives different benefits and it is better to know to get the best out of it.
For Health Benefits and Immunity Boosting
To obtain the health benefits and immunity-boosting vitamins from the ashwagandha powder you can consume it with milk or water.
For Memory and Brain
If consumed by mixing it with honey, water, and ghee, it will help in improving the memory.
You can also mix ashwagandha powder with ghee to make sweet desserts or put it in hot beverages to balance out its earthy and bitter taste.
For Gym Goers and Intense Workouts
To get quick relief after a workout or if you are suffering from arthritis then you should go for ashwagandha oil.
To enjoy restful sleep, you can simply boil the ashwagandha herbs in water and wait for few minutes for the water to get infused,
You can also sip the ashwagandha tea, and don’t worry it is caffeine-free.
What are the different types and varieties of Ashwagandha?
Although the main origin of Ashwagandha is in India and there are different varieties and rooms in which it is being found.
However, there are two different types of ashwagandha, which are Indian ginseng and Asian Ginseng. The difference between them is mainly in their geographic location where they grow – India vs Asia respectively.” Apart from different types, it comes in different forms, nevertheless, the most common forms are powder as ‘churna’ and in the form of capsules or pills.
Ashwagandha powder is the purest form as compared to other forms in which ashwagandha comes in.
Roots and orange-red fruits of ashwagandha have been used by people for medicinal purposes.
How Ashwagandha Powder in India is made?
The process through which Ashwagandha powder is made is quite simple.
Two ingredients obtained from the ashwagandha plant, which are-Vidhara and Ashwagandha, are washed and dried under the sun to ensure that there is no moisture left.
Then they are powdered and passed through a sieve to make a fine powder. Then they are mixed together and then again passed through a sieve to remove the impurities. Once prepared the powder can be stored in a container to be used in the future.
Ashwagandha Powder Benefits
The Ashwagandha powder commonly known as ‘churna’ is formed from the roots of the ashwagandha plants and is used for increasing libido in males and to treat infertility issues.
It has been claimed by some people that this medicinal herb is beneficial in treating cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease and in reducing anxiety issues, tiredness, joint pain, and stress, etc. Being a natural immunity booster, Ashwagandha powder offers many health benefits.
Moreover, it lowers blood pressure, boosts the functioning of your brain, and helps to fight anxiety or depression symptoms.
Main benefits of Ashwagandha Powder and Capsules
- Lowers blood sugar level: Ashwagandha has a profound effect on insulin secretion and sensitivity and thereby helps in reducing blood sugar levels. So by supplementing your diet with ashwagandha, both diabetic or healthy persons may be benefitted.
- Have anticancer properties: A compound named withaferin is found in ashwagandha powder which helps in the death of cancer or even it encumbers the formation or growth of new cancer cells. This powder proved helpful in treating cancers types such as breast, lung, brain, and ovarian cancer effectively.
- Reduce anxiety and depression: For treating different types of problems like dementia, depression, anxiety, ashwagandha is highly beneficial. Symptoms of anxiety including cold hands, feet, restlessness, and uneasiness can be reduced with the help of this medicinal powder.
- Increases fertility in men: Ashwagandha significantly boosts the testosterone hormone and sperm quality in men. Therefore, it increases the fertility in men.
Ashwagandha Powder Side Effects
Consuming ashwagandha powder in high doses then it can lead to diarrhea, upset stomach, or vomiting. Those people who are pregnant or breastfeeding, or those who have diabetes, high or blood pressure, stomach ulcers, or thyroid disorders should not take ashwagandha powder
Disadvantages you should know:
- Increase thyroid function: It may be dangerous for people who already have high thyroid function as it may intervene with the medical to bring down high thyroid function. If remain untreated, then rising thyroid levels may cause a serious problem like thyrotoxicosis or even cause heart failure.
- Lowers blood pressure: People having high blood pressure often take medicines prescribed by their physicians to lower the level of blood pressure. Combining these drugs with ashwagandha powder, may lower their blood pressure further.
- Lead to abortion: If you are feeling stressed at the time of your pregnancy then to burst the stress in this case ashwagandha cannot be fruitful. So you should always consult your doctor in these times to add any supplement or alike in your diet. Ashwagandha contains certain compounds which may lead to miscarriages.
- Decrease blood sugar: Ashwagandha may severely lower down your glucose level if your blood sugar is already low and you are on medications for diabetes.
- Irritation in the Gastrointestinal tract: It has been studied that large doses of ashwagandha powder may cause upset stomach, stomach ulcers, diarrhea, vomiting.
How To Choose the Best Ashwagandha Powder, Capsules Supplement in India?
We’ll break down what to look for when you are picking an ashwagandha supplement as with the ongoing competitive era, you might come across so many fake Aswangandha and you should know how to identify and select the right one for your needs.
- Ingredients / Quality: The roots of the ashwagandha plant have the ingredients like steroidal lactones (also called “withanolides”), alkaloids, and saponins. These components are the major biologically active constituents of the roots of the ashwagandha plant. Moreover, there are anti-stress agents in ashwagandha which are Sitoindosides and acyl steryl glucosides.
- Capsule vs Powder: In my opinion, the powder is the most natural source of ashwagandha and should be consumed instead of the capsules. The capsules obviously go through multiple procedures in the pharmacy. Both the powder and capsule offer the same benefits but, the capsules are more effective than powder form. Secondly, some people don’t prefer to consume any powder extract but to take ashwagandha in the form of pills or capsules as these capsules are easy to swallow. The smell and taste of ashwagandha powder are strong whereas the smell of ashwagandha capsule is way better than ashwagandha powder.
Talking about the powdered form of ashwagandha, it can be mixed both in milk, in fact, you can mix this supplement in your smoothies, and other hot beverages which will outdo the unique flavor and smell of ashwagandha powder.
- Fake Check: Even though ashwagandha comes in the form of powder, extract, and capsules and you can buy it from the general stores or online, however, you should select the company cautiously. Ashwagandha belongs to the class of products that are regulated by the Food and Drug Association (FDA).
That was all about the Ashwagandha Powder and its varied forms, how to take it in the best possible manner, where it comes, and its positives and negatives. People are now looking for a way to improve their lives and wish to enjoy it to its fullest. That is where fitness comes and Ashwagandha is what should be a must-have in everyone’s diet.
As every important detail has been addressed, if you have any kind of queries to share as well – you can either leave your thoughts in the comment section below or contact us directly via our contact page and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Common questions about Ashwagandha Powder Supplement
Which brand of Ashwagandha is best in India?
The market in India is full of fake products, so it can be difficult to determine which brand of Ashwagandha is best. However, there are a few good options that are worth considering. Some brands of Ashwagandha include KSM-66 ashwagandha, Sensoril ashwagandha, and Ayurveda’s Herbal Ashwagandha.
Which form of Ashwagandha is best?
It depends on your consumption usage and purpose. For women, the Aswagandha capsule does a pretty good job by limiting the dosage, although, for old age people and Gym goers, The powdered form is best to mix with Milk, Water, and Honey.
Is Dabur ashwagandha good?
Yes, Dabur is a pretty old brand and known for its pure content ingredients quality and it is among the top brands which provide top Aswagandha supplements in India.
Which is best ashwagandha powder or capsule?
Ashwagandha powder can be ideal for fitness-oriented people but for daily consumption, the Aswagandha capsules do a good job.
Which Ashwagandha is best for height growth?
KSM 66 is good for height gain due to its content form.
Is Patanjali Ashwagandha good?
Yes, like Dabur, Patanjali has also provided a very good form of Ashwagandha powder and capsule without compromising the quality.
How can we identify pure ashwagandha?
You should check the FDA-approved label along with other authentic ingredients and packaging to check the original and fakes.
Is KSM 66 better?
Just like raw natural powder KSM 66 form of Ashwagandha is popularly used and being loved due to its amazing effects on health.
What is the most effective way to take ashwagandha?
Depending on the purpose, it can be taken with Honey for memory and overall fitness values, water, and milk are the better options. After your meal and before sleep are the best ways to take it.
Which is better ashwagandha root or extract?
Both are perfect choices irrespective of the consumption process due to their high-quality Ashwagandha content.
What is the difference between KSM-66 and ashwagandha?
KSM 66 is patented by CSIR India and is used as medicine while Ashwagandha comes under FDA and can be used normally with your everyday diet.