If you wish to get a headstart for building muscle safely and looking for the Best Whey Isolate in India then this guide is for you.
After giving almost 25+ hours on this particular task, you won’t be able to find another most comprehensive guide on which are the best Whey isolates, benefits, disadvantages, process of consumption, and how to choose the best among them in India.
Whey proteins have different types which are dependent on the making process, among all other Whey proteins, the Whey Isolates which is available in India has the highest content of protein but you need to be aware before loading it into your body.
So without wasting much time, we have covered the Top Whey Isolates available in India and other things around it.
How Whey Isolate Affect the Muscle Gain
If you wish to use the Whey Isolate for muscle gain and sorted your priorities then you will be glad to know how it can help you in reaching your goal.
Whey protein is a high-quality protein that helps in weight loss, building muscles, and in varied other ways. It can be consumed after exercising to speed up the recovery process. It also helps in making the immune system stronger. Whey protein isolate is one of the purest forms of whey protein which provides a higher percentage of proteins than any other form of whey protein supplement. For increased muscle growth, protein and amino acids are provided by whey protein isolate.
Key Points of Whey Isolate Protein
- When combined with weight training, whey isolate protein supplements helps in gaining muscle mass and strength.
- Whey isolate includes extra doses of leucine amino acid which stimulates the synthesis of muscle protein and, helps in building lean muscle mass.
- Whey protein isolate is recommended because of its high protein content and less fat and lactose.
- It is easy for the human body to break down and absorb whey protein isolate.
Indeed it helps in boosting muscle size if we consider the research conducted by the National Strength And Conditioning Association.
Whey protein isolate has substantial bioavailability, solubility, and branched amino acids. In comparison with other protein sources, athletes, bodybuilders, fitness models, as well as, fitness freaks consume whey protein isolate to improve their performance in the gym.
Affect of Whey Protein Isolate on Weight Loss
Apart from muscle gain, For meeting weight loss and weight management goals you can get the benefits from where isolate supplement. For both men and women, whey isolate is believed to be helpful. It is a complete protein that consists of all essential amino acids with low content of lactose.
Evidently, drinking whey protein isolate can help you, if you are trying to lose weight. But, just relying on Protein shakes without doing regular exercise is not going to help you in losing and maintaining weight.
It’s recommended that weight training should be added while wiping the whey protein on daily basis.
If you are planning to lose weight, replacing meals with whey protein is not a good plan.
To have the requisite amount of vitamins, minerals, and fiber content in your diet, you should continue consuming whole foods.
How to lose weight with Whey Isolate Protein Powder?
In the weight loss program, both men and women can have one or two scoops of whey isolate protein per day.
Once your weight loss goals seem to be achieved then, you can start having it just after your workout to maintain and recover muscle.
Whey Isolate Protein Powder Side Effects
Just like food, supplements, and other protein powder, Whey isolate has also its side effects and you should be aware of them before starting your journey.
When consumed at high doses, whey protein isolate is dangerous as, it can cause cramps, reduced appetite, headache, tiredness, and acne.
But it doesn’t impact negatively when consumed at moderate doses. Whey protein isolate when consumed for long, can have long-term side effects.
Following are the long term side effects that should be kept in mind if you are planning to include a whey protein isolate supplement in your diet
- Kidney Problems: Regular functioning of kidneys can be hampered with the consumption of whey protein isolate. To neutralize the effect of whey protein isolate, you should increase the water and fiber intake in your diet.
- Liver Issues: Over some time, it can damage your liver if you are not habitual of doing exercise. If you consume it without exercising then, it can result in undesired consequences.
- Gout: You should consult your doctor before consuming whey protein isolate to avoid the adverse effects of it on your health. While consuming whey protein isolate, you will experience increased pain when you are already suffering from gout.
- Risk of heart disease: If consumed, whey protein isolate can affect heart activity and its functioning. Eventually, problems like cardiac arrest, arrhythmia and other heart problems may arise.
Whey Isolate Protein Powder Benefits
Indeed just like everything has its flaws, it also has its positive points, and being aware of them leads to get the best out of it.
To achieve your health, fitness, and physique goals post-workout, whey protein isolate will be effective nutrition.
It's the best form of protein because it has a lower content of fats, carbs, lactose, and cholesterol.
Moreover, it’s a complete protein, rich in amino acids. Let’s proceed further by discussing the benefits of whey protein isolate.
- Easily digestible: Your body can easily digest and absorb whey isolate. Mix your whey isolate protein powder in your shake or smoothie and enjoy its benefit on your health. Specifically it’s ideal choice for those who are lactose intolerant and can help in regulating bowel movements.
- Improves muscle mass: To increase your lean muscle mass and strength, it’s important to consume whey isolate. It can be taken before, after, and even during your workout sessions. To promote muscle repair and growth whey isolate is needed because, it has a complete essential amino acids profile.
- Improved athletic performance: For intensifying the performance and improved muscle mass, athletes tends to go for whey protein isolate. Being exposed to physical stress, because of weight training, muscle tissue get broken and repaired.
How To Choose the Best Whey Isolate in India?
If you want to make the right decision about which Whey Isolate you should buy in India, you should know that there are several factors to consider.
Up until now, there was no standard for the amount of protein in a scoop of whey protein. Now many companies are following the International Standards Organization (ISO) guidelines and labeling their products with accurate information on the amount of protein per scoop. The same has been applied to the Indian fitness industry and it is mandatory to provide accurate information on the product labels.
Things that should be considered before taking the Whey Isolate in India
- Chemicals: Chemicals contained in whey protein isolate are beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, bovine serum albumin, and immunoglobulins.
- Ingredients: Ingredients of whey protein isolate are Super Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate), Super Recovery Blend (Creatine (as Creatine Monohydrate), Taurine, L-Glutamine), Maltodextrin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Soy Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose. Contains Milk and Soy Ingredients.Super Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate), Super Recovery Blend (Creatine (as Creatine Monohydrate), Taurine, L-Glutamine), Maltodextrin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Soy Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose. Contains Milk and Soy Ingredients. Here is the list of some additional ingredients of Whey Isolate Protein Powder:
- Whey Protein Isolate (Milk)
- Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin)
- Cocoa Powder
- Sweetener (Sucralose)
- Artificial Flavoring Substance.
- Protein Content: Whey isolate protein powders contain approximately 90% to 95% protein, contain around 25grams of protein per serving. According to the Institute of Medicine’s Dietary Reference Intakes, in one day, we should consume around 0.80 grams of protein per kg of our body weight. Also, we can increase it to some extent according to our workout requirements.
- Overall Content: Precisely, one scoop (27g) of Isolate Whey Protein Powder contains
- Energy—110 kilocalories
- Protein—25 g
- Carbohydrates—1.2 g (of which sugars is 0g)
- Fat— 0.5 g.
- Digestive Enzymes: Whey protein powders are blended with the most common digestive enzyme known as Protease. Inherently, it is produced by pancreas, stomach, and small intestine. The first and the foremost reason of protease is to split the peptide bonds of several proteins, creating smaller and more easily digested pieces.
- Purpose: The main purpose of whey protein isolate is to repair muscle tissue, reducing tissue damage, gaining and maintaining muscle mass, and even improving endurance because it has lots of glutamine, leucine, and cysteine amino acids. Whey concentrate is further processed to remove the fats and lactose content in it leaving behind the complete protein namely whey isolate. It’s intended to be used by people who have trouble digesting lactose or are highly allergic to lactose because it contains less fat and lactose.
- Fake check / Certifications: Based on scientific procedures and in conformance with guidelines issued by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), it has been determined by Leprino that whey protein isolate is acknowledged as safe.
To check the authenticity of whey isolate you can mix the spoon of it with water. It will leave some residue behind if it's fake. Also, fake whey isolate supplements use to have an unpleasant smell and bad aftertaste, while an original product won't.
- Brand reliability: If we want a whey protein isolate with little or no fat content, then Kaged Muscle Micropure Whey Protein Isolate is one of the best option available in the market. It contains only 1g of fat and 6g of carbs per scoop. This whey isolate protein powder is more expensive than other protein powders. At the same time it is important to evaluate them in terms of the quality of their ingredients and texture of the powders.